Buck is a neutered male small collie mix about 18 months old. He is mostly housebroken and likes to chase toys. (He is being held by Brittany Hooper, a shelter volunteer, photo 19.)
Posted on Jul 12, 2012 in Our Pets
Donate to BCHS
Your donation will help us pay for these needs:
- High quality food
- Heartworm treatment
- Teeth cleaning for older animals
- Special medical needs such as injuries, malnutrition
- Orphaned animal care
- Serious grooming neglect, matted coats, ingrown toenails
Throughout the day, we are asked several types of questions about the Humane Society, its staff, and the services we provide. For you Titans of Trivia, here are some new factoids to add to your knowledge banks:
- The Humane society has served Bartholomew County since 1966.
- We handle just under 1300 animals annually.
- To prepare an animal for adoptions costs an average of $153 for a dog and around $114 for a cat.
- Our adoptions fee is only $115 -- What a bargain!
- Our regular volunteers include home schooled students, high school project students; senior, retired, and working adults, developmentally challenged adults.
- We have a staff of 2 full-time and 3 part-time employees to care for over 100 animals daily.
- We are expanding by building a new shelter!
Hours of Operation
Weekly medical procedures and dog temperament testing